When your body has a vitamin or mineral deficiency, your focus and energy levels can drop. To combat this issue, many will turn to supplements. One problem with most supplements for energy and focus is they often contain too much sugar, caffeine, and man-made stimulants. So what are the best natural supplements for energy and focus? Here’s what you should look for in a quality supplement.
Electrolytes are simply a combination of essential minerals that help with energy, hydration, muscle function, and your nervous system. They also aid in the production and distribution of energy for your body. The most common electrolytes and their uses include:
- Magnesium: This mineral is responsible for supporting muscle and nerve health so that your muscles can relax after contracting. It also helps with energy production.
- Sodium: Sodium maintains a balance of fluids on the outside and inside of your cells (hydration). It also helps with sending nerve impulses so that your muscles can contract and relax.
- Potassium: Potassium helps transfer nutrients into your cells as well as moves waste out of your cells. Much like magnesium and sodium, potassium is essential for nerve health so that your muscles can send electrical signals to contract and relax.
- Calcium: This mineral not only strengthens your bones but your muscles and nerves need it to function appropriately, too.
- Phosphate: Phosphate manages how your body produces and uses energy. It also assists with nerve function and muscle contractions.
When you’re dehydrated, your ability to focus is impaired, and you may feel fatigued. These symptoms happen when your body loses water (sweat, vomiting, etc.) or when you don’t drink enough. Sweating, as an example, is one way you lose electrolytes. Without electrolytes, your body’s nerves won’t function properly, and your cells won’t receive the energy they need to keep you going.
Sports drinks are often people’s go-to choice for replenishing electrolytes before or after an intensive workout or physical activity. However, sports drinks usually contain loads of sugar and other artificial ingredients. Many energy drinks and supplements are the same way. These can cause unhealthy crashes because of the excessive amounts of sugar and caffeine.
B vitamins are excellent supplements because they help your body’s metabolism to break food into energy. They also strengthen your immune system. Vitamins B6 and B12, in particular, both serve multiple purposes.
Vitamin B6, for example, is vital for brain development and building a stronger immune system. If you have a B6 deficiency, you might experience:
- Altered mood (depression, anxiety, irritability, etc.)
- Foggy brain or confusion
- Fatigue or low energy
- Weakened immune system (you get sick more often)
Vitamin B12, on the other hand, is a great natural energy supplement even though it doesn’t provide energy by itself. Instead, it helps your body to produce energy. B12 may also improve memory and prevent memory loss.
Vitamin D is another vitamin that helps build your body’s immune system. You can get this vitamin from the sun and certain types of foods and supplements. But what does it do? Vitamin D is an essential vitamin that helps you focus, especially when you’re low on energy. It also enhances your mood.
Go with Natural Energy Supplements
When your body and brain are missing essential vitamins and minerals, your immune system struggles to fight infections or create the energy it needs to function. Consuming a balanced diet is one way to obtain and replenish these vitamins and minerals. Taking supplements is another way to fix any deficiencies or support your energy levels.
Many individuals will take energy drinks or supplements to help boost their energy and focus, but these often contain too much sugar, caffeine, and other additives that have the opposite intended effect. Instead, it’s better to take natural energy supplements, like the ones we mentioned above, without the added unnatural stimulants.
That’s why we created GO – a natural energy supplement that you can feel good about. It is the best product for energy and focus because it contains a blend of key vitamins and minerals to support focus and energy. We also added just enough caffeine to give your body that little extra energy charge, and we completely skipped the sugars and unnatural ingredients.
Support Natural Energy and Focus with MANTRA Labs
Taking supplements like MANTRA GO is one way to help support your energy or focus levels. It may take some time for your energy or focus to improve once you start adding the appropriate nutrients that your body needs, but doing so can make you feel like a new person. Prioritize your health with our clean, plant-powered recovery blend to feel energized all day!